Friday 26 October 2012

Cathy's 50s Housewife Friday (Saturday)...Halloween Edition

Gene Simmons, oh yeah!
Happy 50s Housewife Friday Saturday - HALLOWEEN EDITION

Hi everyone! Yes, I'm back!

 Have missed you all but my absence has been due to some very unforeseen circumstances that I am getting ready to share with you in the very near future, when I'm emotionally able :)

So forgive me, and welcome me back with open arms for my beloved:

50s HOUSEWIFE FRIDAYS - HALLOWEEN EDITION!!! (on a Saturday).

First horrific song of the day:

Dead Souls - Joy Division

Ah yeah!

Followed quickly by:

More Human than Human - White Zombie

To this day White Zombie is one of the best bands I have ever seen live. '96 Festival Hall (R.I.P.). Waited out the side to meet and greet Rob Zombie, who signed my CD and smiled at me while I said something stupid and lame about how great they are.

But back to 2012...
Ghosts of Halloween Past

Am currently in the middle of  an organised chaos tornado preparing for a bunch of crazed children to hit our house for our annual spooky celebration.

Have been cleaning and baking up a storm like a good one-day-a-week 50s housewife, and have an assortment of my Pops ready to go, Frankenstein heads and mummy cake pops, and my new marshmallow pops which I am trialling for the first time...

Everything appears to be running hellishly and worryingly smoothly so I found 5 mins to wish you all a very Happy Halloween, and to ease myself gently back into reality, which I try to keep as much of a fantasy as I can but, that damned reality tends to creep in sometimes right?

Send-off track of the day:

Run Bitch Run (I've got a gun) - Betty Detox

Bwahahahahahaha
I always knew my
husband was the devil

I'm not kidding x

Cathy xx





Cathy wears many hats. Wife, mother of two sons, CEO of Little Monsters Pty Ltd and Cake Pop Queen just to name a few. She subscribes to the theory that Cathiness is next to Godliness. And on Fridays she behaves like a 50s housewife by sedating herself and cooking, baking and ironing, and being nice to her husband. Any other day is a crapshoot.

No comments: