Thursday 18 October 2012

Confessions of a sad, sad book nerd.

When you fall in love with a series of books, finding out the next one is available is just like Christmas!

OK I'll admit it, I'm a total book nerd. Seriously bad. My Kindle is like another limb, and before 'the best present EVER' arrived, I could pretty much always been seen wandering around clutching a paperback.

I'll read pretty much anything and everything, from serious fare to serious chicklit, to Harry Potter to a great mystery. There's only been two books in my reading history that I've never been able to get through, even if I hate the damn thing, I have to keep reading (for interest's sake, the two books in question were so stomach churning I actually wanted to be sick).


But it's a total joy to find a series of books where a) you love the writing and b) love the storyline. So often you fall in love with characters but as the series goes on, the stories and character development just gets kinda...well, lame (Janet Evanonich, I'm looking at you. Stephanie Plum just ain't what she used to be).

One series of books that hasn't disappointed me (yet...) is the House of Night books. Yes, OK, they're young adult focused books and yes OK, they're probably better suited to my son's girlfriends but I'm seriously in love with them. So there.


So when I peeked on Amazon today and saw that the latest gem, Hidden, is now available, I was like a little kid on their birthday.



Everyone says the best thing about a Kindle is that you can store thousands of books on there (I'm at about 350 and counting) as well as access to pretty much every book around, and this is completely true. But even better, no-one can tell what you're really reading so you appear completely intellectual despite the fact you're reading something better suited to your kid's teenage babysitter.

If I'm a bit quiet over the next few days, it's because I'm completely immersed in the world of Zoey and the House of Night.

Life. Get one. Got it.

Happy Thursday all, hope the perfect weather up my way is translating to everyone else! Spring has definitely sprung.



xx

No comments: