Saturday 26 January 2013

Wild weather and f*!#ing Matt Damon.

Since Friday pretty much the whole of Queensland has been subjected to some pretty violent weather. It started with a cyclone in the Far North a couple days back and whilst the silly fucker waned, it then has regrouped and decided to head on south, subjecting the whole coastline and inland to semi-cyclonic conditions.

Last night 5 tornados were reported along the coast! Now I know these are pretty common in some countries but they're pretty much unheard of here, so it's pretty unreal, and not in a good way. They have cut a swathe of destruction along the coast and so many people have been evacuated, not knowing if they will have habitable homes to go back to.

Meanwhile in Toowoomba we haven't seen the sun since at least Thursday, although it was just rainy and slightly windy...until last night. Since then the wind has been whistling, the rain has been bucketing down and all in all, it's getting a bit scary.

Being a Cairns girl in my younger years, I'm pretty familiar with cyclones and quite frankly, this type of weather is almost more destructive than some of the smaller cyclones I've gone through. It doesn't help that for the first time in my life, I have a broken window in my bedroom that the real estate has been dragging their feet on fixing! I've managed to patch it with a glass door from my entertainment unit with some cardboard but it's certainly not a perfect solution and some of the rain, not to mention the whistling wind, is still managing to get through.

E and I went for a drive to the shops earlier this morning and I don't think I went over 40 kph, it was that intense. There is debris everywhere and half the roads are covered in water, and we're in a reasonably high area here. Our yard is a total mess, with small branches everywhere and the leaves...but at least we can stay safe, warm and dry inside without threat of going under any time soon. After our small foray outside, we won't be venturing out again, it's getting wilder if anything.

Stay safe, everyone in the south east...

So anyhoo, what's a girl to do with a couple of days of being housebound?

Well check out the internet of course. I've caught up on a few movies (currently halfway through Snow White and the Huntsman...much better than I thought it would be so far...) and then stumbled on a news article where Matt Damon hijacked the Jimmy Kimmel show the other night. I've avidly followed the 'feud' ever since Sarah Silverman declared that she was f*!#ing Matt Damon all those years ago in a sketch that went viral...and viral again...and then viral again. Not to mention 'bumping' Matt 1,024 times...

So of course I went and found the showing of 'Jimmy Kimmel Sucks' and watched it and laughed my ass off. I was watching it going, oh that's my favourite line, I'll mention it in my blog, but then another would come, and another...

Although Nicole Kidman's pearler of 'I mean, he f*!#ing sucks' is right up there.

As is Matt's 'tonight I am Luke Skywalker and Jimmy is the Death Star...big and round and easily destroyed through his garbage hole'.

And former sidekick Guillermo 'no I don't like Jimmy. He's a dumbass'.

So if you haven't yet had the pleasure, do yourself a favour and click the link below, you won't be sorry. Watching poor Jimmy gagged and duct taped to his chair whilst Matt has Gary Oldman, Nicole Kidman, Amy Adams, Demi Moore and Reese Witherspoon (complete with two enormous bags of alcohol) all squeezed onto 'his' couch is a highlight.

As is watching 'sidekick' Andy Garcia cycling down Hollywood Boulevard on a pink bike, clutching a bottle of Jack.

Best. Jimmy. Kimmel. Ever. He's never been funnier.

Best way to spend a rainy Sunday...

Bec xx



No comments: