Thursday 3 January 2013

It's a jungle out there.

So it's been stated that I've either been on holidays for too long or simply not long enough. Reading between the lines, I think my 'friends' may or may not be telling me to get a life. My plans for my break were to finally organise my house properly and unpack my final few boxes...well it's only been 7 months, after all! 
Instead I've been actively avoiding anything to do with housework thinking I've got plenty of time to get it all done. Now suddenly tomorrow is my last 'official' holiday day, as I'm back to the grindstone come Monday morning and all I've managed to achieve is your basic general wipeovers and managing to take the Christmas tree down. Oh and keeping up regularly with all manner of celeb gossip (please don't get me started on the Kim/Kanje offspring. The only thing worse would be Courtney whatserface and her granddad husband procreating. God help us all).

So today at approximately 5pm after reading about how LeAnn Rimes calls the papps on herself, how being overweight (but not obese) can actually improve your lifespan (see I knew there was a reason) and the tragedy of the paparazzi who got hit by a car and in a further attempt to ignore the inside of my house, I got on a roll and decided to attack the garden instead. Or should I say jungle.

Note to self: do not ignore garden for 7 months, like ever again.

It's seriously a jungle out there. I have heaps of hedges and trees which are pretty much out of control and the only time I have cut them back during my tenure in this house is when I couldn't back my car down the driveway without brushing against them. I feel like I can't go outside without some sort of sad safari suit and a machete.

So question: how does anyone actually LIKE gardening? Two bottles of weed killer exhausted (and could have done with a third) and mowing the lawn and I was over it. Truly. And I've barely even started. I've declared war and will be preparing for battle, complete with pruning shears, definitely probably perhaps tomorrow. Or the next day. Or sometime in the near distant future.

As it was, I feel grotty and filthy and cannot get the smell of weed killer off my hands. Ugh.

I asked Santa for an electric chainsaw-ey thingame that does your hedges in one fell swoop for Christmas but clearly I was a bad girl in 2013. My stocking was empty. Not even a lump of coal for this little black duck.

I then asked my dad and he laughed at me and told me to get off my ass and get busy with the shears instead.

Huh. Sucks to be me.

So I have a friend with a gardening business (unfortunately Brisbane based and refusing to do house calls to Toowoomba, slack bastard) and am simply in awe of how he spends his days. Seriously, gardening sucks. It's the only time ever that I've missed apartment living.

So another resolution for 2013 is to save some money so I can outsource. Or find a man (as per my stepmother) and make him do it instead. Ugh, there's another jungle altogether.

But either way, it's a jungle out there man, and I've discovered I'm more of an indoors girl. Only not in my indoors where I have to clean, more like, say the mall. Who am I kidding, I always knew that.

Priorities.

I'm thinking of even cleaning my blinds instead. God help me.

Bec xx




No comments: