Thursday 10 January 2013

I'm a natural blonde. Please speak slowly. #dumbblonde101.

So today, for about the third or fourth time in six months, I locked myself out of one of our office computer programs because I repeatedly entered the wrong password.

If you type the wrong password three times, you're locked out for 24 hours or else you can contact our Finance Department to unlock you immediately.

If you're REALLY special, you can then sometimes lock yourself out promptly within minutes of being unlocked. Well I'm sorry, three times and you're out? That's simply not enough goes. On a particularly blonde day I would say I need at least 5.

Now I'm becoming (in)famous within my organisation for forgetting my password and I have just been advised that our Finance Department actively look forward to it because I apparently keep them entertained with my email communications, ie:

First email upon being locked out:

Hi lovely ladies

Is this something you can do to unlock me? Apologies, it’s a blonde day…

‘sorry your account has been temporarily locked as you’re an idiot’…
And today's effort:

I have stupidly managed to lock myself out again due to repeated incorrect password entries.

Is it possible to unlock it so I can code our expenses?

(there has to be one in every organisation and it appears I get the title).

and...

Thank you - perhaps I should change my password to dumbblonde01, then I may not forgetJ

So clearly today I'm on fine form. I'm a bit 'special'.
At least I can go home knowing that I've made several ladies' days, having had them in stitches, albeit at my expense...

Happy Friday all.

Hope you're enjoying your #dumbblonde101ness as much as I am today.

Cheers
Bec xx

No comments: