Monday 10 December 2012

The joy is in the giving....um NOT!

So I ran out to do a few errands this morning and came back to a huge present sitting on my chair from my boss.

I am now the proud owner of a gorgeous Oroton handbag, together with a pretty hefty shopping voucher and I'm THRILLED and overwhelmed!!!!

(I couldn't help myself, I googled the price of the bag and am double thrilled but a part of me is going....GULP).

After only being here for six months and used to getting what I thought were most generous presents (at the time) from my old workplace of 7 years, I'm not sure how to react!

For the past few weeks I've been amassing gifts for our managers on behalf of my boss so I knew he was a pretty generous guy. Strike that - INCREDIBLY generous guy. I was totally blown away by the hampers we've put together for our guys (and if they don't appreciate them, I'll take them off their hands, thank you very much) but really wasn't expecting much myself - see above - only 6 months!

I was also lucky enough to be able to give over a card and voucher to one of our guys who's family is doing it pretty tough at the moment. You know, it's quite thrilling to call someone up and tell em the big boss has something here for them...you see their knees knocking as they're walking towards you and a bit confused as they're walking away...and you just KNOW they're just waiting to be out of your eyeline to rip open the envelope to find out what the heck it's about.

I love playing Santa, even if it is on someone else's behalf!

So now the conundrum...what do I buy my boss? Seriously, the guy who has everything but wants nothing. And even the wine he's used to drinking is probably FAR out of my price range!

What's the best present you've ever gotten? And how do you react to getting a present of unexpected proportions? I don't want to embarrass the guy, he's the type who'd rather have it delivered to your home than hand it over personally, but I do want to be appropriately grateful?

And meanwhile, I'll be coveting and stroking my new handbag like a kid with a new toy!

Bec xx

No comments: