Thursday 20 December 2012

It's the end of the world (as we know it).

So just in case the Doomsdayers are right...

Thank you to everyone who's read my blog and contributed comments. I thought when I started this that it would be Cathy and myself giggling to ourselves over our inane sense of humour. Turns out a bunch of you 'get' us which is deeply mystifying, somewhat disturbing....and wonderful. So in case the planet is obliterated or zombies invade or whatever, then good luck to you and yours.

To the Doomsday conspiracists(?) and those damned Mayans - well you get the last laugh, OK?

Yes, you were right.

Not that you can read this, unless your underground bunker somewhere in deepest darkest Alaska is equipped with the latest in wifi or modems or whatever the hell is the latest techno-geek thing that allows you to get internet access.

Although if you've not got better things to do to prep yourselves for the end of the world than read my blog, then my sympathies are with you.

And just an aside, I would like to point out that standing on a roundabout for days with a giant sign saying the world is ending may not have been the most practical use of your remaining time in the world as we know it. I mean, what?

Personally I guess I'm a fatalist. If the world is gonna end, then there's not much point spending my life savings up to my credit card limit stocking up on supplies when they'll likely just be blown up in some cosmic catastrophic event anyway. Although at least the creditors won't be around to come a-calling.

And if there's no access to pretty shoes or Bubble Witch Saga on Ipad in the post-apocalptic aftermath, then seriously, beam me up Scotty.

And my survivalist skills suck. I mean, camping? Ugh.

I'd like to give a shout out to all the things I'll miss horribly once the zombies eat my face off or...worse...turn me into one of them where I will no longer care about personal hygiene or going outside of the house without makeup...

  • E, my #1 son who has made the last twelve years of my life a blast
  • My lovely, nutty family - you're all very 'special' and I love you dearly
  • My 'grammar girls' who'd made me laugh, cry and embarrassed me at every opportunity...life without you is just no life at all
  • The Claw at Dreamworld. I will miss you horribly when you sink into a pit of lava that will mysteriously form underneath in the most dramatic fashion possible. Although it will be a wonderful visual for Youtube, should internet/wifi be worked out quickly in the post-apocalptic world
  • Sushi. Enough said

So for my definitely not potentially last hours here, I'm gonna party like it's...well like it's 21 December 2012. Because, ya know, that differs from any other day....

So good luck to you and yours and if you're not flexible enough to bend over and kiss your own ass goodbye, then let's just hope the old stonemason from ye Mayan times simply popped off this mortal coil before starting on the next 5,000 year calendar...

Until tomorrow...I mean...oops...

Bec xx

No comments: