Friday 21 December 2012

Cathy's 50s Housewife Friday. Happy Apocalypsmas!!


Am unsure as I am writing this if this is my " 50's  Housewife Friday Christmas Edition " or my "50's Housewife Friday  Apocalypse Edition ".........
so I decided to combine the two on this fine day and start by saying a very

Happy 50's Housewife Friday APOCALYPSMAS !!!!

As I am currently not being showered with fireballs from above, but did see 8 Santas this morning at Indro, the front runner for the day is Christmas so.....

First Christmas Track of the day:

RUN DMC - Christmas in Hollis

Possibly my favorite ever Christmas Carol :)

But back to the apocalypse.......

So the Mayans ran out of room on their daily sculpting tablet 8000 years ago and now we get to be the generation that is here to meet the Four Horsemen - Death, Famine, Time, and the other guy.

Quite an honor.

In case uv been living in a cave, today, Friday the 21st of 12th, 2012, is the day forecast so many years ago as the prestigious date of the end of the world as we know it.

This has been, unfortunately, the  topic in my home for the last 18 months. My sons have been planning their weapons for the Zombies that are supposedly set to rise, (whilst making out Christmas lists.....) and every time there is a natural disaster anywhere in the world, my husband shakes his head and says inevitably,

'See babe, end of the world.... 2012....."

I try to assure them that it's in the same vein as the year 2000 y2k bug phenomenon but as Seven was only 3 then and Xavier was  4 yrs away from being born they look at me quizzically then, sadly, as if they are concerned about my extreme state of denial. Poor unprepared Mum........

Second track of the day is for them, in their hope for a heavy metal album cover version of the Hell that they all seem to be anticipating like a day at Soundwave.......

Metallica (of course) - The Four Horsemen

Time - taken its toll on you, the lines that crack your face Famine - your body it has torn through, withered in every place Pestilence - for what you had to endure and  what you have put others through Death - deliverance for you for sure, now there's nothing you can do

Wahnanananananaenenenenanananananana ( <---------- ) guitar solo.

Speaking of Hell:

Christmas.....hahahahahah just joshin........I fucking LOVE christmas.

Am planning a weekend of baking for some delightful Christmas Pops for our family gatherings over the next week but dear lord.......no Rudolphs!!

Those of you that know me know that I had a tragically scarring, smashing experience with 25 painstakingly decorated Rudolph Pops for Xaviers class last Thursday and will know never to speak of them to me again.....

Am gonna keep it simple stupid and do a couple of Christmas glittery Pops and some cute little Snowmen Pops ( Ahhhhh Snowmen, so relevant for Brisbane's current stinkin hot temperatures and suffocating stinkin humidity) Chocolate coated chocolate of course and some lovely white choc coated Confetti vanilla Pops. Was thinking of a lovely red velvet pop - red for Christmas and all, but the red velvets have proven to not be a hit with the kids. Adults love em but the kids prefer chocolate so.....give the masses what they want ay?

3rd track of the day is sung by an artist who, when she first came on the scene, caused many to  predict the Apocalypse then and there:

Madonna - Santa Baby

I've been an awful good girl

My fav version of that song fer sure, she's just so darn cute!!

On a serious note, I know I don't usually share too much personal info with y'all but seeings as it's Apocalypsmas and all.......

I lost my Dad this year and this is my first ever Christmas without him. He loved Christmas soo much and some of my very favourite memories ever are of him and mum and my bros and sis and the wonderful and magical Christmases we shared.

From putting up and decorating the Christmas tree as a family each year with Christmas records blasting from Dads top of the line stereo two weeks before Christmas, to my pilot father coming home all excited on Christmas Eve to tell us that he had just flew past Santas sleigh (I cant tell you how much that authenticated the magic of Christmas to a bunch of little kids) The mountain of presents awaiting the four of us spoilt brats each Christmas that we had to open slowly, each person taking their turn as we all had to see what they had gotten - none of this 'everyone tearing the presents open at once' stuff.

Even after my Dads stroke, when he could no longer speak, he would use his thumb and his buzzer, his only means of communication, to beep out the number of the grandchild ( we all had a number) whose turn it was to open a present. This will be our first year without that and it will be so sad,  but it makes me more aware of how special and fleeting these moments are with my family, especially my precious boys, and make me more determined to make their lives happy and magical so hallelujah to that. Im sure thats exactly what my biblical boyfriend, spunky long haired Jesus, would want on his birthday, oh and probably for the Apocalypse too.
Everyday fools!!!

Ya dig?

On that note, I'm more assured as each second passes that we, the human race, will in fact and intact survive another week here on our amazing planet. If it doesn't get destroyed by the end of today let's all really appreciate it and love it and show it that we care. Huh? Oh and each other....

Merry Christmas to all and to all a wonderful Apocalypse. Oh and if the Zombies DO come, remember, aim for the head and always double tap x

Last track of the world...ever...., maybe....

REM - its the end of the world (as we know it)

And yes, I do feel fine!

Cathy xx





Cathy wears many hats. Wife, mother of two sons, CEO of Little Monsters Pty Ltd and Cake Pop Queen just to name a few. She subscribes to the theory that Cathiness is next to Godliness. And on Fridays she behaves like a 50s housewife by sedating herself and cooking, baking and ironing, and being nice to her husband. Any other day is a crapshoot.




2 comments:

jeffro said...

Nice readin babe, and nice that at 9:42pm i got to read it peacefully in bed without dodging flamings balls of fury from the sky!
Cause 2013 is going to be a year of excellence and great things!
The world has to stick around for it.......

Peace and beers

Jeffro x

Betty Detox said...

Thanks honey! Worst apocalypse ever! Am in total agrreance though - 2013 is gonna rock, 13 is my second luckiest number :)