Wednesday 7 November 2012

Elections. Herding cats and my #FirstWorldProblem of the day.


To my American friends - congratulations on the re-election of Obama. You probably don't realise this, and I don't mean to feed your egos, but the world is only just slightly less obsessed with your election result as you are! It's on the front page of every news site today (right above Big Brother, we're tackling the big issues here). Yes you are the centre of the universe :)

You'll either be happy or outraged to know the general consensus around these parts is that the right decision has been made. Personally I don't give a fig for politics, but I do like the cut of Obama's jib so hopefully he'll make his second term mightier than the first.

And then his wife can go on and become the new Oprah.

And anything that pisses off the Trump simply CAN'T be bad.

Oh yeah!!

Now this is a stupid question, but did you see that photo? Well of course you did, it's now ranked the highest shared picture like EVER. So cute.

I only wish Australia had such charismatic leaders instead of the muppets we are presented with.

So apologies once again for being a bit quiet this week. Up until yesterday it was like one of those combined hamster wheel (spinning but never getting anywhere) slash herding cats weeks that had me working long hours and feeling utterly shattered.

Yesterday, fortunately for my sanity (which has been hanging on by a thread) was greatly improved so I feel like I'm slightly more back on track.

Some great news to report - I found out last week that my stepsister and her family were considering moving to Toowoomba and yesterday they basically confirmed it. Kids are going through orientation as we speak to commence their new schools next year. I'm so excited to have started a trend here. My stepsister and I grow closer every year and our kids are really really close. My major memories of childhood is playing with my cousins so I think it is wonderful that my son gets to make similar memories with his cousins.

Now if we can only hatch the plan to lure dad and my stepmother here...

I also had a long and lovely conversation with Cathy last night which of course as always covered subjects from the mundane (tired of cleaning up after stinkin kids) through to the supernatural and even randomly touched on the Celestine Prophecy for a bit. That's what we do.

The best part is next weekend I get to spend some time with my lovely gals, staying at Cathy's place in Brisbane before descending on a fellow mate for an old fashioned girls night at her place. Awesome stuff.

And now back to my #FirstWorldProblem of the day...I left my headphones at home and am sitting here music-less, shiftless and something-else-less that really isn't good. My life is over.

Or it will be until I go home and get them in a bit.

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday :)

xx

No comments: