Friday 9 November 2012

Cathy's 50s Housewife Friday...tea and Metallica. It's the natural choice.


Woohoo!!! Friday Friday Friday!!

Happy 50's Housewife Friday Kids!!

Hope today finds everyone happy, well rested and ready to get ur housewife on!!

First track of the day:

Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine: Sheriff Fatman

This song takes me back to the early 90's and hanging in London with some very cool Peeps!

Although when I think about London and me and my friends desire to be there, I wish I could go back and hit L.A. instead. A very Me town and the chances of me marrying one of Guns n Roses (not Steven, preferably Duff)  or Joe LeSte from Bangtango would have been much higher.

Anyway, no need to cry over spilt milk.

A busy day ahead y'all.

 Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning in preparation for a hang out on the deck with my delightful mama this afternoon after school,  then a ladies lunch with some of my Family daycare Mums at my fav Paddo hangout, Sassafras.

 Avocado with lemon on sourdough toast, here I come!! These guys do breakfast til 2pm folks! That's a thumbs up from me. A Thumbs down? They've stopped serving Diet Coke!!!!! A very sad decision......will speak to them about this today and see if we can work it out....

My Family Daycare Mums are the mums whose children I have looked after in my home since 2005. Their kids now are at school and I only see them on holidays but I love that my former mums and I are still so close. It means a lot to me to still be so important to them and their kids, who are still my sons favourite friends.

Awwww too nice?

Let's dirty this post up a bit with some...... Wait for it......

Motörhead!!!!!!!

Second track of the day:

Ace of Spades!!

Ahhhh Lemmy. The coolest, ugliest hot guy ever.

But , back to nice: For my beloved Mas visit this afternoon I am adjusting my baking menu slightly to suit her lovely old school, high brow tea drinking preferences.

I am not used to having access to my mother but since my adored Dad died last month, she is suddenly available to me. (There are silver linings to all awful things dudes) But, I don't drink tea or coffee and she is a big Tea drinker, so I am slowly learning the etiquette of all u tea drinking fanatics. I am learning to never serve water that's been off the boil and am beginning to distinguish the difference between an Earl Grey and an Irish Breakfast.
 I was incredibly embarrassed the first time my mother dropped in one morning after her tennis and all I had to offer her was Turkish rose tea which she politely forced down and when she asked if I had any biscuits  all I had to offer was a meal replacement bar, which she declined.

So today is homemade scones with cream and jam which I'll pop in the oven as soon as I get back from lunch. I will then serve the tea in one of the Royal Doulton tea cups with matching saucers and side plates that she's been giving me as gifts for years and throw her the tea party she deserves.

I will refrain from playing track 3:

Metallica - The Four Horsemen

while she is here.

On that note, I shall leave u and get on with my busy Friday.

Track 4:

The Donnas - Take it Off

' cause I get what I want and I like what I see'

Ciao Bellas x






Cathy wears many hats. Wife, mother of two sons, CEO of Little Monsters Pty Ltd and Cake Pop Queen just to name a few. She subscribes to the theory that Cathiness is next to Godliness. And on Fridays she behaves like a 50s housewife by sedating herself and cooking, baking and ironing, and being nice to her husband. Any other day is a crapshoot.



2 comments:

Effie said...

We'll see what we can arrange in NYC... xx

Betty Detox said...

I am, alas, married. Had to settle for my Brisbane rock star instead. Fun with my gals is on the plate for NYC x bring on 2013 - 13 is my 2nd lucky no.