Friday 23 November 2012

Cathy's 50s Housewife Friday. And feeding cockroaches to The Enigma.


Hooray it's 50's Housewife Friday!!

Had a crazy week of clean up after the battering we got in last weeks crazy Brisbane storms, one after the next. 

We had the whole sha-bang here in lovely downtown Paddo;  hail, winds and hammering rain. The whole bottom half of our yard was under about 35cm of water which in turn flooded our street causing all kinds of hilarity with traffic and people still insisting on driving through even though it was a lagoon. still the grass could certainly use the rain and our yard now looks lush and green for the first time in quite a while.

Hopefully, this weekend is gonna be high and dry as i have one of my favorite long time BFF's and her family coming to visit and I can't wait to sit on the deck in the sun, sink a few frosty cocktails and watch our kids play together on Fort Skull and bounce on the trampoline. 

She and I were crazy little goth kids together and used to hit the dance floor like possessed banshees and cause a hell of a lot of trouble, so in her honor:

First track of the day:

The Sisters of Mercy - This Corrosion

Followed closely by:

Skinny Puppy - Dig it

One of my favorite moments of the 2 of us together as hell raisers was on my 25th birthday, a gang of around 20 of us went to see the Jim Rose Circus. It was such a great night ;

I was wearing a silver strapless mini dress with a short black furry jacket, fishnets and boots and was sitting in the front row. Jim Rose came down and dangled a live scorpion down my cleavage then later grabbed me and brought me on stage to feed handfuls of cockroaches to The Enigma, while I screamed the house down, as cockroaches and I have a long history of hating each other. For those of you that aren't familiar with Freaks, The Enigma is the guy that is all blue, covered literally head to toe in tattooed jigsaw puzzle pieces. He also has two little horns protruding from his blue forehead, like Satan. Another of my friends was pulled up, had an apple placed in his mouth, which Jim then carved his initials into, with a chainsaw.

Anyway, as we were leaving the theatre, we noticed all the Freaks hanging on the corner. In my usual manner, I stride over, start up a friendship and invite them to join us at The Wonderbar in the Valley for birthday drinks. They happily excepted the invite and we all hit the Valley and tore it up. 

So the next night, like true partiers, my pal and I were back on the long line at the Wonderbar waiting to get in when a bunch of guys turned and looked at us and said

"Hey didn't we see you girls here last night dirty dancing with The Enigma?!"

Yes, yes you did. The very next minute, the Circus Freaks arrive at the club in a taxi, spot us, pull me and my gal out of the line and whisk us through to the VIP section.......

We still talk about it ALL the time.

I don't know about y'all but these days I just don't get to spend time with my gals like I used to. Everyone has serious jobs and kids and responsibilities and the hours spent lying around with my dudes, applying make up, gossiping, ripping our stockings and laughing and dancing for hours seem like a brief gift from God himself. The energy that I was given by my girlfriends always made me feel invincible, thriving like a watered plant. So I'm looking forward to feeling that again by the end of the weekend after much catching up and friendship affirming time spent.

I got to catch up with my Grammar Girls last weekend too so I really have been spoilt for company lately.

So, am organizing a couple of lovely plates of food and today am baking some choc fudge cupcakes with vanilla cream cheese frosting. Keeping it simple for once, very unlike me. 

Although I do have some extreme baking to do on Sunday with a couple of dozen cake pops being donated to my sons school for the  community concert. I really am a pillar of the community!!  (insert sarcastic laughter here)

So I hope everyone has an absolutely awesome weekend, and I'll talk to youse next week!!


I'll leave you today with


Ministry- Jesus Built My Hot Rod


"so there was only one thing that I could do

And that was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long"
 
Have a great week kids xox 



Cathy xx




Cathy wears many hats. Wife, mother of two sons, CEO of Little Monsters Pty Ltd and Cake Pop Queen just to name a few. She subscribes to the theory that Cathiness is next to Godliness. And on Fridays she behaves like a 50s housewife by sedating herself and cooking, baking and ironing, and being nice to her husband. Any other day is a crapshoot.



No comments: