Friday 2 November 2012

Cathy's 50s Housewife Friday...It's So Easy.


Happy 50's Housewife Friday Y'all

Hope today finds everyone as happy and relieved as me to have the weekend rolling around again. By the way, can't believe it's November already!!  I know I always go on about time speeding up lately but I can't believe this year is already heading to a close.....

Blasting from the stereo on the school run this morning, Seven's choice:

First track of the day : You could be mine - G n R

With ur bitch slap rapping and ur cocaine tongue u get nothing done....

A great way to start the day.

Speaking of my long time loves - the original line up of GnR - I saw on Facebook this morning that they are making a movie of my first ever fantasy boyfriend Duff McKagan's biography, 'Its so Easy'.
Anyone who has spoken to me this year has had this book shoved down their throats, his story so beautifully written, his journey a complete inspiration. It could definitely have done with a lot more sex, but the drugs and rock n roll were more than enough for me to get to know my beloved better.

So I sent him a Facebook stalk message this morning suggesting that I could be in the movie starring as one of his wives or girlfriends. I reasoned that since I unfairly never had the opportunity to be one in real life I should at least get the chance to play one in his movie. Looking forward to hearing back from him heeheeheehee

Anyway, back to the real world....

My 50's housewife duties today have me on the search for the perfect leopard print ballet flat at stupid renovated retail hell called Indooroopilly Shoppingtown,  then I was on the bake for a very special baby boys Naming Ceremony at which my hunky hubby has the honor of becoming Godfather. Some delicious red velvet and chocolate fudge cake pops are on the menu. A nautical theme for some of our bestest friends day,  I am using red and white and blue and white striped straws and they should be pretty damned adorable.

2nd track of the day:

Joan Jett - Do u wanna Touch Yeah!

Followed closely by

The Killers - Somebody told me

A txt photo comes through on my phone as I write this, of my bud Gutterball Pete, wearing an Ace Frehely mask and a top hat, taken out in the city streets this morning......
What a classic end to a very cool and enjoyable 50's Housewife Friday.

Dan and I are heading out tonight to go and see one of our fav bands eva, the mighty Tumbleweed at the Zoo and hang out with some very fabulous people. If ur in BrisVegas tonight, you should def head to the Valley and come join us. U won't regret it.

So time to put these baby cakes in the oven ,chill some beers and put on my reddest lipstick before Dan arrives home from a hard day of manly work. It's easy to be this sweet when it's only expected once a week.

Send off track of the day, Gutterball, this one goes out to you!

Kiss - Love Gun

You hold the trigger of my......dadadadadadadadadadada

Have a great week guys!

Cathy x





Cathy wears many hats. Wife, mother of two sons, CEO of Little Monsters Pty Ltd and Cake Pop Queen just to name a few. She subscribes to the theory that Cathiness is next to Godliness. And on Fridays she behaves like a 50s housewife by sedating herself and cooking, baking and ironing, and being nice to her husband. Any other day is a crapshoot.



No comments: