Monday 27 May 2013

When you're too caffeine deprived for coffee...

So today I:

a) Somehow pressed 'snooze' on my alarm from 6am to 7:55am without being remotely conscious of it. Managed to throw myself together in approx. 7.5 minutes (including shower/makeup/hair) - albeit perhaps not my finest effort (sorry all). Meanwhile kidlet was dressed, breakfasted, packed and ready for school, thanks mate. Which then led to...

b) Gettting to work only to miss the coffee van by THIS much. I mean, it was literally driving out the gate as I came tearing in. No amount of frantic hand signalling and pleading eyes gained anything more than Frank cheerfully waving out the window as he zoomed off. Like I'm not funding your retirement plan and putting your kids through uni. Some public service, mate. I would threaten to boycott you out of principle but we all know that's a desperate lie. I have no principles when caffeine is involved, clearly. And then...

c) What do you call it when you're so caffeine deprived you can't even operate the coffee machine at work properly? We have one of those machines that use the pod-dy thingos that are essentially idiot-proof. Or so they say...I think I have just managed to self-create a bigger idiot, as I managed to fark it up three times wasting my precious pods before finally managing to get a sip.

d) Then with cup in hand (but clearly before the caffeine kicked in) I came to write this and was nearly done when somehow I managed to wipe the lot. Of course I didn't save it. What a stupid question.

So is this where I say 'things can only get better' or realise that my doona had better sense than me this morning by holding me captive and is at this moment chuckling to itself saying 'I told you not to get up'?????

And then first song of the day is Metallica's Nothing Else Matters...oh dear God. I be screwed.

Cheers
Bec xx


No comments: