Thursday 30 May 2013

Clothes and jewellery to die for...180a Latrobe

 So I don't usually editorialise on my blog or blatantly try to flog products to my readers.

However sometimes exceptions must be made and this is definitely worth an exception!

My wonderful and exceptionally talented friend Kathy McLay has been an incredibly artistic designer of jewellery and sculpture for many years and has enjoyed some tremendous successes. Trust me, her designs are exquisite. And if you don't trust me, check out her website by clicking on her name above and you'll be a Kathy convert too, clamouring for her to design you something special.

So it is quite fitting that she has teamed up with another equally talented textile and fashion designer, Katelyn Aslett and together they have launched their store at 180a Latrobe Terrace in fabulous Paddington, Brisbane.

And I'm drooling.

Just one look at the pictures below makes me want to sink into debt just to walk in and buy everything. I mean everything.

That pink and black jacket...OMG. Plus every item in the very bottom pic...ah hell, let's face it, I want it all.

I'm so excited for their new venture which is coming up to its one month anniversary! And to celebrate, this week they're having a 'Bring a Friend' week, with discounts and even a glass of bubbly tomorrow from 3pm.  Please make sure you support these gorgeously talented artists and check out their websites...personally I think I'll be sinking quite a bit of my salary into 'investing' in their wares on a far-too-regular basis.

It's wonderful to be able to give support to a friend with so much talent and who happens to be simply the nicest person I've ever met in our 25+ year friendship (sorry Cathy, Larissa, Jane et al, but you know it's true).

And with my 'big' birthday coming up in September if Kathy felt like creating something for me, then I'll just have to gracefully accept.

So 'like' them on Facebook (180a Latrobe) and check out their websites for that 'something special' that you know you need! You know you want to!

Bec xx



No comments: