Wednesday 3 April 2013

Rant of the day: the older I get the more I realise people suck.

OK so here's a warning: I've got my bitch on today.

Yeah, it hasn't happened for awhile as lately I've been my awesomely positive, delightful self, charming everyone in my wake. Truly.

Seriously though, I've been pretty happy lately and have so many wonderful things to write but then there comes a day when everything gets on your tits.

It was inevitable, really.

And so I need to vent.

Apologies in advance for anything that I say that may offend...oh hell, if you're reading this you're clearly not easily offended so scrap this whole sentence.

So here 'tis my Rant of the Day (patent pending):

People suck. I mean seriously.

Its struck me for some time that there are some people in this world who seriously don't have enough to do. I mean, sorry people, my life is too full and I have too much on my plate to worry about what everyone else is doing. Its called a LIFE (yes I actually, truly do have one dad).

There are so many examples I could list here except no-one from work who may be reading this would ever speak to me again. Then again, anyone from work who is reading this must be pretty darn cool so you aren't on my radar.

Who is on my radar are those asshats fun police whose mission in life appears to try to ruin everyone else's day for the most minor of things that a NORMAL person wouldn't even give two craps about.  Or even notice. Or give two craps if they did...oops I already said that. You get the picture.

There's one in every crowd. In fact, they seem to be multiplying.

So while I'm just trying to do my job, I suggest you get on with yours.

And if you've got a problem, then you'll find I'm a pretty reasonable person to speak to about it. ie. TO MY FACE. My face, people. You may actually find out whatever you perceived I was doing wrong actually wasn't because it was simply carrying out orders of someone else. You know, for my JOB.

Going behind someone's back to try to stick the knife in puts you firmly on my asshat radar, and in this case backfired spectacularly. Karma, baby.

So even as I'm trying to rant, I'm obliged to point out that being nice to people actually worked in my favour this time, with YOU being taken down a peg or two from someone who has my back. As I said, karma.

So I should rephrase: a lot of people suck. Not everyone. But a lot.

Why is it that you can be having a great day until someone brings you down with a giant thud that then pays itself forward with you then having to try hard to not snap at everyone who has the misfortune of crossing your path? And then having to work extra hard to try to get back your equilibrium to once again resume charming the pants of everyone you meet (hey it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it).

So sucky people, and you know who you are, get over it. There's no charge for being nice and if it makes you feel good to ruin someone else's day for no reason whatsoever, then that says more about you than it does about me. And not in a good way.

Get a life. And stay the hell out of mine.

Rant over.

(I feel better now).

Bec xx

No comments: