Wednesday 3 April 2013

Coffee, tea or...?

So it is clear that just like being a dog person versus being a weird-ass freak cat person, so too you're either a coffee person or a weird-ass freak tea person. And never the twain shall meet.

I'll give you three guesses which one I am.

Fill up the sink and give me a straw, baby.

I don't get tea. I mean, you're drinking a few leaves mixed with hot water. I mean, what?

I can't stand the taste of tea. One whiff of chai triggers my gag reflex, and Earl Grey? Ugh. Just ugh.

The only exceptions to the rule are green tea, which really shouldn't even be classified as tea, as it actually doesn't taste like tea. The other exception is those yummy 'Fruit Infusions' which once again isn't even a distant cousin of the tea family, it's basically just fruit flavoured water. Not a bad option when even I have exceeded human consumption of my preferred caffeine-laden beverages.

So you may have gathered I'm a little partial to my coffee. From my first travel mug served bedside by my personal barista (aka my son) upon waking, through to enjoying the 'fruits' of the local travelling coffee van, standing between me and my coffee really isn't your brightest move.

Imagine my dismay, then, upon discovering that the two people who share my work cubicle sit firmly on the tea drinking side of the fence.  Oh the horror!

And they just don't get it. I mean, just really don't get it.


The 'stash'

Quote of the day from this morning upon jumping up from my desk after receiving the anxiously awaited 'ding' on my phone, advising the van was heading inside the gates and I was only moments away from my precious elixir:
'Behold! We're in the presence of an addict here...it's both funny and quite sad, all at the same time'

OK, so I HAD just sculled the last of my from-home travel mug to make room for the new one, but that's normal right? And I had also simultaneously been consuming a Nespresso coffee in my favourite mug.

Totally normal right?

I keep telling myself that as I race towards the carpark towards the van...and my daily coffee mates then totally reinforced what is the complete truth: my cubicle-mates slash weird-ass freaky tea drinkers are the strange ones.

Of course they are.

By the way, my mug says 'Chaos, Panic, Disorder. My work is done here'. Without caffeine this would be impossible.

Bec xx

No comments: