Thursday 7 March 2013

My second favourite F word...farewell bad hair days.

So for the last couple of weekends, I've been subjected to every renter's nightmare - the dreaded 'open house'.

Having to keep the house clean at all times 'just in case' a prospective buyer comes around, and then the major clean-up for the open house, not to mention the horrible thought of people looking inside your drawers (no pun intended) and checking out the contents of your cupboards...

Ugh.

So creepy.

I made the mistake of checking out the listing on the real estate agent's website to find that they'd cleared off a lot of my stuff for photographic purposes. That feels weird. Although I did get a perverse sense of satisfaction knowing that two grown men had spent some time clearing off my Monster High doll collection from the mantelpiece and then re-arranging them in their pretty tableau. (it is rather disturbing to note they did a remarkably good job).

Haha.

It makes me wonder if the agent comes early to the open house and packs away my dollies before the hordes descend? Or if he just lets people think (correctly, as it turns out) that the renter is simply a kook, or else has a 12 year old boy who plays with goth dolls...



I'm giggling just at presumed reactions...and the look on my son's face if anything thought the dolls might be HIS.

Anyhoo, the house has been SOLD and we're just awaiting the building/pest inspections and it will be done and dusted.

So I'm FREE.

So excited to be facing down a weekend where I'm stubbornly NOT going to clean or lift a finger and instead have scheduled the most girly of girly days for tomorrow.

First up - a cut and colour and my newly adopted salon. This probably doesn't sound like that big a deal, but for many, many years I was one of those ridiculous people who was the most religious hairdresser-goer ever. My hair was perfect, my colour stupendous and bad hair days...what were those?

Then life got so bloody expensive and about a year ago, my luxurious visits to my beautiful, albeit hugely expensive, hairdresser had to be sadly sacrificed at the altar of creditors.

Oh it was the hardest decision of my life.

Now I'm also ridiculously precious about who gets to touch my hair, so I've always just gotten a cut at a salon first to see if they totally buggered it up. And sadly, since moving to Toowoomba, three salons which shall remain unnamed totally botched it.

So basically it's been a year since I got my hair professionally coloured, er I mean...yes of course I'm a natural blonde...

Instead I've been forced into a series of home jobs, some more successful than others.

Suffice it to say, there are about 7 different variations of colour on the same strand of hair, which together with the horrible roots makes me simply want to cry every morning when looking in the mirror.

And then I found Jess at Oscar Oscar. My cut last month was fabulous so I'm so excited to be going tomorrow for the full 'works'. Stay tuned for photos (or tears).

My nightmare may well be over!

I also mentioned a while ago about my imminent midlife crisis and my desperate obsession dedication to staving off 'old' in a futile attempt to keep my youthful, fresh looks.

Haha.

So anyhoo, I've since basically married Karlia at Pure Indulgence who has set me on a path that she assures me will have me looking more Kylie Minogue than Jocelyn van Wildenstein. At least she hasn't produced any needles yet.

So my 'programme' consists of a multitude of sandblasting, I mean microdermabrasian, layered with a few peels and a new skincare regime to basically get my skin to 'renew' itself.

Sounds like a load of hokey but I must admit every day my skin is looking better and better and dare I say it...younger???

Unfortunately after every treatment I'm still breaking out like some sad teenage mofo but hopefully once my skin is successfully 'renewed' by some miracle my skin might decide that adult acne really is just too embarrassing for words.

So following my hair appointment tomorrow, I get to visit Karlia so that she can go over my face with a cheese grater.

Bliss.

I cannot wait! What an awesome day to look forward to (and the best part is, I've paid upfront for the skin programme so I kinda feel like I'm getting a freebee).


Happy days!

What are your plans for the weekend? Hope you're day will come close as being as good as mine!

Bec xx

No comments: